Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Apples!

Well another couple weeks have come and gone, and Abs is going to be eight months old on Sep 4th!! I can't believe it, time is going SO fast!!
Last week we went with some friends to pick apples! It was so fun... and we have a ton of apples. We already made alot of apple sauce and we are hoping to make apple butter and can it. We also went with some friends after church to pick BLACKBERRIES!! So fun, so now we have tons of fruit and veggies (our garden is producing mad amounts....) so we all this wonderful fresh produce around the house!! Now we just have to do all the work to put it up. I have been baking zuchinni bread pretty much every other day.... and I am going to learn to can. I am also freezing some of the berries for smoothies!
Abigail is doing great!! I had to start work again last week... and it was really hard for the first couple of days but now thing are going great! I am only working part time in the mornings, and a really good friend of ours is watching her. So she has fun, takes a nap... and I come home! It is really the perfect situation. Then she goes to XC practice with me..... the team loves her. And all the kids love her and are SO good with her. It is really neat to see them interact and be so loving with her.... something you don't see very often at the highschool=0)


One of the amazing meals we have made lately... with all our garden goodness!! Everything (except the chicken) is from our garden!! Another favorite is patty pan Parmesan!
Abigail about to get into the apples... She is crawling alot now, and also pulling up on everything wanting to stand! She is SO much fun... I love being a mom.

1 comment:

  1. Wow...so many apples! Delicious! Being a mom is truly a wonderful gift, isn't it? I love it, too!

    ReplyDelete